Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Live Project


I am now on the BA Honours top-up Animation course and our first assignment was a collaborative live project. The brief instructed us to work in groups to create a short 10-15 second film piece to describe one of the shortlisted books for a science book prize. This was a live competition hosted by the Royal Society and open to students from other universities as well.

Our group, consisting of Rachael, Tash, Sam and me were working on My Beautiful Genome by Lone Frank. I was assigned the role of designer but we were all going to work across roles to help complete the project. So I ended up doing a lot of compositing and editing after storyboards and concept images. Over the span of a few weeks this is what we came up with.


And our video was picked for Lone Frank's book! So we had the honour of attending the ceremony to watch our title sequence play on screen before the author herself came up to read an extract from her book.

I will upload moodboards, concept images, and storyboards to show a little bit of the process leading up to the finished piece you see above.

We won~ I'm really proud of our work and the prize money's a great bonus :>

No comments:

Post a Comment