Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sound & Vision

mind maps for trying to work out sound & vision project.
My three starting words were curious, navy blue, record player.




I wanted something curious, started to think about people born with different appearances or conditions.

Then I just thought I could do something like a shop of curiosities as I thought about how there were cabinet of curiosities a few centuries ago.

Since this was a collaboration project with the sound arts students, it was cool to have 'record player'as one of my given words to start from. I decided I should just include a gramophone which got me thinking of old eras like steam and such. Steam punk is pretty nice visually, I love the brass and wood combination so I made my gramophone like that with reference images off the net.

i liked the idea of curio cabinets that is also in the old days, so I thought about making the main character a curiosity of a sort, which brought me back to mythical creatures of Tibet -- the garuda!



Here's one of my doodles. Though he turns out quite differently from here for easier animation.




No comments:

Post a Comment